May 30, 2008

Walk the Line

That's right. Today, I (Jessica) walked the line.

And then I crossed it.

Right into North Korea.

I have been to North Korea. Whoa.

It was pretty sweet. We went to the DMZ today and got to look into North Korea. We had to sign wavers and promise not to make any sudden movements or gesture at the North Korean guards or we could get shot. It was kind of scary, but a once in a lifetime experience.

And then I went under South Korea.

North Korea built some tunnels to invade SK, but they got caught, and we got to go down into a tunnel that SK built to see how close they came to invading.

This was also a once in a lifetime experience, because I will NEVER do that again. The walkway going down into the tunnel was like a vertical climb and I almost passed out because there was like no oxygen at all. Had we done this at the beginning of the trip, I think I'd still be walking up that stupid walkway. It definitely has put all of our walking into perspective. And the tunnel was pretty sweet, but I'd never do that walk again. I don't even care if you call me a weak. I'd like to see all of you haters try to walk that and not die. For all of you who are sympathetic, I love you forever and ever.

That's pretty much it for now. I'm going into the country for a couple days, so you won't hear from me for a while, but as of today, we're half way through our trip. I'm having a good time, but I am excited to come home and eat chocolate chip cookies, because they don't have those here.

Oh. And I saw the Dead Sea Scrolls. Not to brag or anything, but I did. And it was AWESOME.

And yeah. I am bragging. And I'm not even sorry about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have waved excitedly, just to see if those pinkos were straight bluffing.

That's a joke. Come back without holes.

Anonymous said...

haha thats tight...i mos def would have done somthing haha...

and im proud of you for doin all that walkin...(thats sort of a compliment haha) but really im proud of you!! ha...

Anonymous said...

I could've done it walking on my hands.

kate.yo said...

so. i sent clara and helen postcards from australia. you should send them postcards from SK. how cool would that be?

Anonymous said...

WOW Jessica it sounds like you're having a blast! Can't wait to see some pictures!