Sep 6, 2008

Hot Fun In The Summertime

So, after Washington DC was Virginia Beach.

I love the beach. This was the view from our balcony.

I also love my Birthday, which was spent ON THE BEACH! Yessss. Spectacular. Awesome way to spend my golden birthday. 21 on the 21st. Yessss again.
There are many things that one can do when at the beach. But really... "I just want[ed] to lay on the beach and eat hot dogs. That's all I've ever wanted." - Kevin Malone, accountant at Dunder Mifflin. That's really all I wanted too. And my birthday wish came true!! :D


Needless to say, it was a great birthday. Although, this is the first year EVER that I was not able to blow out all my candles in one blow. Gosh, I'm getting so old.


Other notable things took place while we were in VA Beach too.

The cool thing to do there is to rent these bike-things. We got a 6-person bike, since there are 6 people in the family it worked out great. Or so we thought. It was a very difficult thing to move and maneuver. And it was hot. And I was already sunburned. But it was a nice way to see the coastline of VA Beach. And we got Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen makes everything ok. But the moral of the story is: don't always follow the crowd cause they don't always know what they are doing.

Virginia Beach kind of prides itself on being family friendly and not a spring break party town. Naturally there are still those types of people. But don't worry. The people of Virginia Beach have taken that into account as well.

That's enough to scare anybody into obedience.

Finally, the last really notable thing that happened in Virginia Beach was a ride on a boat called the Rudee Rocket. It's a yellow speedboat that takes you speeding out into the ocean to a spot where there are tons of dolphins and then you come speeding back. It was... an experience. They warned us prior to getting onto the boat that the ocean was in "red flag" conditions due to the high winds, and that because of this, we would all get very very wet. I kind of thought they were exaggerating and telling us just in case that happened. But no. They surely weren't. We got soaked! It was fun, though. At least that part was. When we stopped to look at the dolphins, it was cool - there were tons of dolphins, but the up, down; up, down; up, down; up, down motions started to get to people. I came very very close to throwing up and poor little Timmy actually did. Other than that, though, it was a great experience and I'd totally do it again. :)

And for the record, it's cool being at school.
But I miss Jessica.

Ok. Peace out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was the "Rudee Rocket," not the Rudee River

Jessica and Erika said...

oh, haha! thanks, daniel. :)

Anonymous said...

That bike was O.C.

and i miss you too :(

Anonymous said...

Man, your brother is on top of things.

No cussing at Virginia Beach? semi-lame. I don't know if I could survive. Probably why I've never been there.

And you can't blow out the candles cuz you're too old? Haha. I thought I was the old man.

And I think everybody misses Jessica. I know I do too.

kate.yo said...

andrew, you are an old man.
erika, quite the picture of you blowing out the candles. ;)