Jul 4, 2008

Her Eyes

Work at Blockbuster has officially begun.

And I (Jessica) already got hit on. I think. Actually, I don't really know what to think...

Here goes.

I'm shelving movies, minding my own business. I then notice that this guy has slowly made his way next to me. I kind of saw him eyeballing me earlier, but I ignored it. I find that being ignored takes away a lot of gumption that creepers think they have.

Anyway.

He looks at me and starts saying something. However, he's speaking in such a low tone, that even a person with the best hearing in the world couldn't have heard it. We all know that I'm practically deaf, so I obviously didn't hear him.

I ask if him he needs any help finding anything and he mumbles something more and then sulks away.

As I continue to put more movies away, I notice that he is now facing me...no...staring/gazing at me over one of the shelves. I ask him again if there's anything I can do to help him. He says, "mlckdanjdalsjfdslkjfasdlf." Or at least, that's what I heard. I told him I didn't understand him and then he says at an audible level, "Are you wearing contacts?"


"Uh...no." I respond, slightly disgusted and a little taken aback.
"Oh. It was just a question. I was making small talk."

Right. Gotcha. Guys - please add "Are you wearing contacts?" to your list of pickup lines NOT to say to a girl. It's weird. You can only say that after you've known them for a while.

And then later, a coworker was just staring at me and when I asked him if he needed anything, he said no and asked why I said that. I told him that I tend to ask people what they want when they just stand there staring at me for no reason, and he was like "I can stare at what I want."

I then proceeded to tell him and another coworker about the contact guy, and the staring coworker says, "maybe he was just in awe of your wonderful beauty."

Maybe he was. But still. Weirdo McBeardo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known this BEFORE I used the line last night. You need to be more timely with your information.

James said...

I could have SWORN you were wearing contacts. Seriously.

kate.yo said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA. love it!