Jun 14, 2008

Mm Bop

Yesterday, Kendal and I (Erika, since Jessica's still traveling the world) went to a baseball game. We watched the Greenville Drive. They are a farm team for the Boston Red Sox. And there were a number of reasons why it was spectacular despite the 11-0 loss. I know, pathetic.

1. They kept playing awesome songs from the 90s. Mm Bop (Hanson), Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls (TLC), Welcome to Miami (Will Smith), and I Saw the Sign (Ace of Base) were the most notable.

2. There was a lady there wearing a banana clip. Between the songs and that - blast from the past.

3. Kendal and I were in the lower section. As I was watching the pathetic performance, I saw something fall and hit a little boy out of the corner of my eye. It didn't hurt him. In fact, I don't think he even noticed. His dad did, though. He looked down at this boy and up at the upper section a couple times. And then he shouted as he picked up whatever fell, "Did somebody lose a shoe?" Hah! Yes, it's true. A shoe fell from the upper deck. Hilarious.

4. Kendal spilled our coke all over the blonde bimbos in front of us and their boyfriends. Hahaha. I know I probably shouldn't get joy out of this, and at the time it was kind of embarassing. But! That's what you get for wearing little skanky mini dresses to a baseball game. :)

5. It was Friday the 13th. So, to get us all in the mood, the.... well, I don't know what to call them... MC type guys came out and danced to The Thriller. Yessss.

6. They also danced the Macarena. Yessss, again.

7. A lady tripped down the stairs. I know, much like the Coke spilling, I might be a horrible person to get joy out of this, but come on! Who doesn't like to see somebody fall. :) And she didn't hurt herself. So it's all good.

8. Hot Dog! At a ballpark. Enough said.

9. There were fireworks after the game. Even though they were no Comerica Park fireworks, they were still pretty sweet.

10. This was more amusing than anything else - after the game (remember, pathetic - 11-0), the fans still applauded! That right there shows ya the difference between Greenville and Detroit. I'm pretty positive that if the Tigers had "played" like that, there would have been more boos than applause.

So that's why the game was super awesome.

Also. I started my internship yesterday. But it was really uneventful... I'll post when I have something interesting to say about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really funny about the shoe. And the coke. And the macarena. And pretty much everything else. Basically, you went to the funniest baseball game ever.

Anonymous said...

Had i been there with you, I think I would have peed my pants from laughing too hard.

I miss you.

-Jessica