First things first. I have 3 words.
Naked Mountain Winery.
Ok. I'll get back to that later...here's what happened since I last blogged.
- I quit my job at Blockbuster. On my last day, one of my favorite customers bought me ice cream. Unfortunately, he bought it for me w/3 hours left in my shift, so it was pretty melty...
- Julie and Scott became Mr. and Mrs. Scott Hamilton. It was about time.
- Some of my great friends (Andrew, Austin, Alyssum, Caitlynn, Jamar, and Alison) came to visit me before I began my trek down to Disney. We hung out and went to Los Tres Amigos and then ate some ice cream cake that I made. That may or may not sound super fun to you, but it was for me :)
- My FAVORITE olympians (Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor) won their 2nd consecutive gold medal in beach volleyball. I heard that they won it for you, Andrew...just to spite you...
- I began my trek down to Disney. My dad is helping drive down (I wasn't brave enough to battle Hurricane Fay by myself) and being we have a time share in Virginia, we made a major detour and stayed the night there. It was a rustic, equestrian time share (they probably train for the Olympics, eh Austin?), so I was a little skeptical about staying in log cabins, but they had fancy accommodations that included the Disney channel, so I was set. Here's some things that I noticed on our trip:
*Naked Mountain Winery. It's located in Virginia and it's off of I-66 eastbound at exit 18 for those of you interested in visiting.
*The trees are already changing colors :(
* The cheapest gas we found was for $3.39
* My aunt found this newfangled gasoline saver thing that you put in your gas tank, so we're getting like 36 miles to the gallon.
* UPS is EVERYWHERE. We saw and counted 31 UPS trucks in a period of 2 minutes (we passed a hub).
* That Kid Rock song is no longer popular in just Michigan. We heard it on the radio 5 times in 3 hours.
* I got a pepsi slushie for my big gulp and it tasted like popcorn :( I dumped it and had to buy another one. :(
On a separate note, as you'll probably read in a future blog, Erika made a tribute to the Office on her birthday. I decided to thus make a tribute to Friends, particularly Ross, and got myself some extra toilet paper and kleenex from our time share room. Yes.
Lastly, I decided to write a book. I've always wanted to and decided that I could get started and hopefully make more money off of the book then I spend writing/publishing the book. Don't ask me to tell you about it, because I won't tell you. For those of you who think I'm a bad secret keeper, I'll prove to you otherwise.
Oh! Lastly for real, Austin is the newest employee in the admissions office! YAY!!!!!!
(sorry if I just stole all of your thunder, Austin, but I couldn't help it)